Feminist Professor Karen Swallow Prior Announces Departure from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
Karen Swallow Prior, the controversial professor and author at the center of the scandalous leaking of Jennifer Buck’s rough draft dubbed Buckgate, has announced her departure from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, a move she described as a difference in “vision for carrying out the Great Commission” with the school.
Prior’s notability stemmed from her uncanny ability to fool conservative evangelicals that she was theologically solid despite an undeniable track record of liberalism:
- KSP just told pro-lifers not to vote pro-life in 2020 in Christianity Today.
- KSP said that “abortion is not murder” and “calling abortion murder” is mean to abortion doctors and it’s “unchristlike” in Christianity Today.
- KSP worked with her gay BFF to support gay porn propaganda at college campuses called Fun Home.
- KSP repeatedly attacks immigration law and promotes amnesty for illegal aliens.
- KSP congratulated her “good friend” Rachel Held Evans when she was appointed to Obama’s faith advisory council.
- KSP lauds Black Lives Matter.
- KSP says that poor people don’t have a right to own guns.
- KSP calls herself a feminist, and started an organization with the word ‘feminist’ IN ITS VERY TITLE.
- KSP attacked Vice President Pence and Billy Graham for refusing to be alone with women who aren’t their wives on grounds it’s “sexist.”
- KSP started a feminist organization full of female preachers and wildly unorthodox theologians to create more female preachers.
- KSP flat-out said that she’s not a complementarian and attacks that position.
- KSP was chosen by the Animal Liberation Front (according to them) to infiltrate evangelical institutions with “animal liberation theology” back in 2007.
- KSP serves the rabidly liberal Human Society (which is more radical than PETA) and issued an animal rights declaration called Every Living Thing.
- KSP advocates for the end to modern animal husbandry “even if humans suffer” and “even if the economy of the country be damned.”
- KSP thinks pets go to Heaven because when you name them it gives them personhood.
- KSP says that cruelty to animals makes her more upset than abortion.
- KSP’s language was called gay-affirming by Dr. James White here. He agrees.
- KSP endorsed the pro-LGBT It Gets Better Campaign.
- KSP endorsed the Revoice Conference both before and after it happened, and endorsed it again on Roys’ program just this week.
- KSP endorsed accomodating ‘transgender’ people by changing bathroom facilities to appease them.
- KSP chooses not to take a side in the gay marriage issue when she writes.
Prior has yet to announce her next institutional appointment, but we’re guessing either a column at Christianity Today, a teaching position at Biola, or a pastor at Saddleback Church.
53 thoughts on “Feminist Professor Karen Swallow Prior Announces Departure from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary”
A lot of ambiguity. Some subtle insinuations, all of which makes her look like a victim, and her the heroin, and them the villains. This is classic Woke-ism, and right out of their playbook.
“I do not share the same vision of carrying out the great commission” …Okay, what, specifically, does that mean?
Karen, what, exactly, is the great commission?
What, exactly, is your vision for “carrying out” the GC?
How, exactly, is their vision, and what specific problems do see in this?
If she dared to answer this with specifics, then she would be fully exposed for what she truly believes, therefore, she will almost assuredly not address this with specifics, let alone accurately.
Probably because some in the SBC refuse to pretend “teaching them to observe all that I have commanded” is not a part of it.
Good – don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.
You ought to repent of such irreverence and crass language. How dare you use the name of the Lord like that.
Oh good grief, calm down.
It’s about as much about politics as believing the Bible makes one a “far right wing, extremist, taliban, terrorist, woman hater, treasonous, …, [to whatever the latest pejorative is the past five minutes]”
KSP is a godless wokie. She needs to repent and get saved. Shame on the Baptists for not KICKING her out a long time ago. They should have made it clear to KSP that she was headed to eternal damnation.
And nothing of value will be missed