A bevy of Christian apologists and philosophers, led by William Lane Craig, has released a collective statement directed towards Ravi Zacharias International Ministry, (RZIM) urging the embattled ministry to be fully transparent in their investigation of their namesake and emphasizing the need to “openly acknowledge their own complicity” in his abuses.
Ravi Zacharias, you’ll recall, was a world-renowned Christian apologist who passed away last year, with revelations after his death revealing him to be a sexual deviant, molesting women who worked for him at a spa he owned, and using his position to groom vulnerable women into compromising relationships.
The statement, released on William Lane Craig’s Facebook page reads:
Statement concerning RZIM
As Christian philosophers and apologists who have respected Ravi Zacharias, we have been deeply troubled and grieved by Ravi’s documented sexual misconduct against women.
We are united in urging Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) to approach the current investigation with transparency and objectivity with a view to full disclosure of the facts to the public.
Where necessary, the RZIM Board of Directors and leadership should also both openly acknowledge their own complicity and initiate institutional reforms at RZIM as well as provide restitution to those wronged.
The signatories are listed below:
- William Lane Craig (President, Reasonable Faith; Professor of Philosophy, Houston Baptist University; Talbot School of Theology)
- Michael Licona (President, Risen Jesus, Inc., Associate Professor of Theology, Houston Baptist University)
- David Wood (Acts 17 Apologetics)
- J.P. Moreland (Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University)
- Mike Austin (Professor of Philosophy, Eastern Kentucky University, and current president of the Evangelical Philosophical Society)
- Christopher Reese (Editor-in-chief, Worldview Bulletin)
- Hugh Ross (Founder and President, Reasons to Believe)
- Kathy Ross (Director, Reasons to Believe)
- Robert B. Stewart (Professor of Philosophy and Theology, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Jerry L. Walls (Professor of Philosophy and Scholar in Residence, Houston Baptist University)
- Sarah Enterline (Author; historical apologist)
- Gary Habermas (Distinguished Research Professor of Apologetics, Liberty University)
Though RZIM has hired an independent auditing team to pursue matters further, every indication thus far is that RZIM has no intention of taking it seriously or expanding the scope of the probe.
One of Ravi’s victims who was at the center of an explosive sexting lawsuit a few years ago, and who we have been in contact with, has not been contacted by the investigators, even though she is the most well known and visible accusers who has been publicly maligned by RZIM and demonstrably lied about by Ravi and the organization.
So forgive us if we’re not holding our breath.
A CALL TO ACTION
Enjoy our content? GREAT! Unfortunately, ad revenue for truth-telling websites has been severely hampered by censorship and de-platforming. This ministry isn't free to run, and finding people willing to support polemical theology is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
So we have some great ways for you to EASILY support our work that will take less than 3 minutes of your time to do.
First, check our our page explaining this all at detail at https://supportpolemics.com
But in short, you can support us on Patreon and get exclusive rewards like the FULL non-truncated episodes of the bi-weely Polemics Report podcast ONLY available on your Patreon app. It's super easy to use. Get exclusive updates from JD. Get all that and support our work for only $5.95 a month. You'll also get a PAID subscription to 'The Insurgency' "banned news blasts" once a day for 50 news links to banned content you can't find in social media. For other patron tiers, you can join us live via zoom to interact with JD during the Bulldgomatic Bible study, get free theology books in the mail, and more.
Or, if you don't want to use Patreon and don't want the rewards, subscribe to 'The Insurgency' "banned news blasts" for free (three days a week) or $7 dollars a month (notice that's a dollar more than getting it through Patreon) or $70 dollars a year. Instead of you scouring the news, let our Gideon Knox News team do the news-hunting FOR YOU and it will save you time finding real news.
And finally, you can give a one time financial gift through Giving Fuel . It's also super-easy to set up and takes only minutes.
Because JD gets banned in Facebook a lot, you can also find him on Twitter here And if you're into politics, check out Montana Daily Gazette. If you just want his sermons, check out his SermonAudio feed