We’ve written for you before about Karen Swallow Prior, how we continually find ourselves vexed and mystified that she’s viewed so favorably and regarded as conservative within Christian circles, despite the plethora of problems with her. The list is extensive and has been enumerated at the end of this post.
Unsurprisingly, she has continued to show herself to be an enemy of the church, this time by saying that Christians are responsible for bringing the culture of death to the world by being resistant to wearing masks and for gathering for in-person church services against the wishes of the government, suggesting that those who do have failed to be “pro-life.”
When questioned and asked to elaborate, Swallow says that the “church has failed to lead,” pointing to a series of Tweets by @rungirlPs91 which explains how.
In short, it wasn’t the mismanagement of the California government that led to its bed shortage, which has the 3rd-lowest ratio of hospital-bed-to-resident in the country, that is the problem, nor is it the tyrannical flex of the governor which targeted churches for closure and engendered mistrust and assumption of evil intent. Rather, it’s the Christians who are at fault!
Christians are responsible for “bringing the culture of death” because we did not campaign for mask-wearing, refused to engage in social distancing when it made being part of a church body impossible, did not engage in mitigating measures like not singing during worship, and did not close our churches down for going on 10 months now.
Consequently, the church has failed to be “pro-life” in this regard, and instead contributed to a pro-death ethos.
We would expect nothing less of the “Notorious KSP.”
Promised enumerations below:
- KSP just told pro-lifers not to vote pro-life in 2020 in Christianity Today.
- KSP doesn’t know what persecution is
- KSP said that “abortion is not murder” and “calling abortion murder” is mean to abortion doctors and it’s “unchristlike” in Christianity Today.
- KSP worked with her gay BFF to support gay porn propaganda at college campuses called Fun Home.
- KSP repeatedly attacks immigration law and promotes amnesty for illegal aliens.
- KSP congratulated her “good friend” Rachel Held Evans when she was appointed to Obama’s faith advisory council.
- KSP lauds Black Lives Matter.
- KSP says that poor people don’t have a right to own guns.
- KSP calls herself a feminist, and started an organization with the word “feminist” IN ITS VERY TITLE.
- KSP attacked Vice President Pence and Billy Graham for refusing to be alone with women who aren’t their wives on grounds it’s “sexist.”
- KSP started a feminist organization full of female preachers and wildly unorthodox theologians to create more female preachers.
- KSP flat-out said that she’s not a complementarian and attacks that position.
- KSP was chosen by the Animal Liberation Front (according to them) to infiltrate evangelical institutions with “animal liberation theology” back in 2007.
- KSP serves the rabidly liberal Human Society (which is more radical than PETA) and issued an animal rights declaration called Every Living Thing.
- KSP advocates for the end to modern animal husbandry “even if humans suffer” and “even if the economy of the country be damned.”
- KSP thinks pets go to Heaven because when you name them it gives them personhood.
- KSP says that cruelty to animals makes her more upset than abortion.
- KSP’s language was called gay-affirming by Dr. James White here. He agrees.
- KSP endorsed the pro-LGBT It Gets Better Campaign.
- KSP endorsed the Revoice Conference both before and after it happened, and endorsed it again on Roys’ program just this week.
- KSP endorsed accomodating “transgender” people by changing bathroom facilities to appease them.
- KSP chooses not to take a side in the gay marriage issue when she writes.
A CALL TO ACTION
Bringing you discernment news and commentary from a biblical, polemical perspective means it is tough out there on social media. We’re constantly getting kneecapped and constrained by tech companies who find our fidelity to the scripture and pursuit of truth to be intolerable, resulting in our reach being severely throttled.
For this reason, we ask you please consider supporting us a few different ways. The first, by liking and following our new Facebook page, our home where we share new posts and interact with our members. The second, by following and retweeting our Twitter page. The third, by signing up for our newsletter below.
And last, through direct support. You can catch our free weekly episodes of the Polemics Report by subscribing at BTWN. If you like what you hear and desire to hear more, you can get the VIP full-length version for only $5.95 per month on Patreon. Also, you get other freebies for additional monthly pledges.
Subscribe to us on Patreon here and support our ministry.
Stay informed. Subscribe Today.
When you subscribe, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that your newsletter doesn’t go into your spam folder.
Enter your email address below…